Our history.

1952

First Workshop

Stanley & Alan Cartwright opened their first workshop in Wythenshawe, Manchester, building high quality and strong timber framed vehicle coach and body work.

1958

First body shop

The first Cartwright body shop was set up by Stanley Cartwright. This was the beginning of things to come as the reputation spread for the building of high quality and strong body work.

1968

Second body shop

Increased demand for Cartwright bodywork required investment in a second body shop. 

1970

Third body shop

A third body shop and paint line were added to cater for increased production.

1978

Additional Production Line

Focussing on Trailer Chassis manufacturing and Demount installations.

1987

Further Expansion

This time we implemented our own Paintshop & started a PDI department. 

1989

Move Into Specialist Builds

Trailer body shop for Specialist builds and Double Deck Trailers.

1993

Demand For More Space

Vehicle storage yard created for rigid bodywork department.

2003

In House Panel Manufacturing

We open up trailer chassis piping & wiring, body shop production lines & of course a panel manufacture department.

2005

Rentals Launch

Wythenshawe trailer rental & repair facility created to handle the newly formed Rentals department.

2007

Rentals Expansion

Success for the Rentals department lead to the opening of a central Northampton site with Avonmouth trailer rental site opening 2 years later to service the South West and South Wales.


 

2015

Innovative launches

New game changing Tri-Temp Trailer launched

2016

New Business

Cartwright Conversions Ltd launched

2016

Trailer Partnerships

Cartwright and Transdek UK join forces to develop Fixed Double Deck Trailer

2016

Award Winning

Winner of Motor Transport’s Apprenticeship of the Year

2016

New panel production plant

£1.5m onsite, purpose built insulated panel production plant opened in Altrincham

2017

Fleet Services Expands

New CFS Isuzu Dealership launched to enhance Cartwright Fleet Services